Summer Exhibition 2015

Press release

Brigadier to the Fore

 

The summer exhibition of ‘The Great War – Life in The Bath’ project was opened on Saturday 11th July 2015 by Brigadier Edward Wilkinson CBE, TD in the Pump Room of the Grand Pavilion Matlock Bath.The exhibition which this year focuses on 1915

Brigadier Edward Wilkinson CBE with Charles Beresford at the opening of the exhibition.
Brigadier Edward Wilkinson CBE with Charles Beresford at the opening of the exhibition.

includes exhibits of memorabilia and a variety of displays. The project focuses on both those from Matlock Bath who were serving in the armed forces and also life in the village during the conflict. At the opening were invited guests including many of those who had contributed in many different ways. The Chair of the Parish Council, Peter Baranek introduced the exhibition and explained the project and then Brigadier Wilkinson gave us an insight into the Sherwood Foresters of whom he was a officer before he declared the exhibition officially open. A vote of thanks was given to the Brigadier by Charles Beresford and he presented the Brigadier with a copy of his book ‘The Bath at War’. After the opening, World War 1 soup was served with bread to those attending. The exhibition will be open daily from 10.00 – 4.30 and admission is free.

Those wishing to contribute artefacts, pictures or information and research or help in any way in the production of future exhibitions should contact Robin or Laura at the Mining Museum or email ww1@matlockbathparishcouncil.gov.uk